Do you thrive on adrenaline? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced team dedicated to giving the best care to those who need it most? Kootenai Health is seeking a detail oriented, community-minded, quality driven, and highly motivated Health Unit Coordinator.
A Health Unit Coordinator provides secretarial duties and support for all employees within an assigned nursing unit in a fast-paced and detail rich environment.
· Responsible for providing secretarial support for all employees within an assigned nursing unit
· Maintains and updates patients' records for a given unit
· Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
· Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
· Works under immediate supervision
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
· Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Physical Requirements: Required to be able to sit for up to 4 hrs per day depending on length of shift; Occasionally may be required to lift up to 20 lbs, floor to waist, waist to shoulder and above shoulder height; No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Requirements & Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
· 2 years of experience as a Health Unit Coordinator; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
· Knowledge of spelling and medical terminology preferred
Kootenai Health Highlights
Kootenai Health provides comprehensive medical services to patients in northern Idaho and the Inland Northwest. Its main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 292-bed community-owned hospital. Kootenai Health is accredited by DNV, holds Magnet designation for nursing excellence, and is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. It is also designated as a Level III Trauma Center, and accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. We offer an excellent tuition reimbursement program, wellness program and on-going educational classes to all employees. If you want to work and live in a great area, then check out Kootenai Health and Coeur d'Alene Idaho.
· We have a full spectrum of employee reward, recognition, and retention programs.
· We received "The Best Place to Work in Large Healthcare Organizations" and considered one of the nation's top 20 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
· Workplace health and wellness initiatives - In 2009, Kootenai received the Wellness Councils of America's Gold National Well Workplace designation
· Outstanding training and educational opportunities
· Positive employee/supervisor relationships
· Great Benefits
We have so much more - don't want to give it all away!