Provide financial counseling to insured and uninsured patients. Through personal interview, create a payer source for inpatient and outpatient self-pay accounts, by identifying patient financial needs. Assist the patient as needed to complete all necessary requirements to enable patient to meet their financial obligation to the organization. Identify potential third party liability, worker's compensation, commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, linkage to Victims of Crime and other programs for reimbursement. Verify insurance eligibility and benefit information, collect co-payments and deductibles. Facilitate identification of available coverage and/or financial application process. Complete applications for coverage through Medicaid, Marketplace and/or disability, monitor status and assist patients with scheduling of hearings or other items as required. Determine and approve financial assistance and payment arrangements. Assist patient to provide cost estimates and follow guidelines associated with pre-payment process. Face to face and telephonic patient contact required. Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field, preferred
· 3 years' experience in hospital registration, authorizations or business office.
· Experience in customer service required
· Familiarity with the rules and regulations pertaining to Federal, State and County programs
· Experience with multiple electronic health records, web based and payer applications, including software to manage application process
· Analytical and financial assessment abilities to maintain close attention to a variety of details in order to perform duties effectively.