Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 102517
Provides collaborative leadership and clinical expertise for the delivery of an evidence-based standard of care to achieve optimal outcomes for a given patient population. Evaluates and follows patients to assure that care is coordinated across the care continuum and delivered in the most appropriate site for patients to achieve their healthcare goals. Engages patients in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options and resources available. Coordinates the patient plan of care, with a multidisciplinary team, and communicates it across all care settings, which may include entering orders for patients as appropriate in consultation with the patient's provider. Acts as a clinical resource for best practices for specific patient groups, provides staff mentoring and educational sessions as needed and is involved in developing and integrating patient care protocols. Participates in and coordinates patient rounds and care conferences as needed for patients, families and providers. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in the care they deliver and practices they promote. Works effectively with a variety of disciplines and agencies. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· Kootenai Health operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
To apply, please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online.Apply Online