INTERNAL DEPARTMENT ONLY - At this time we are only accepting applicants from current employees in this department for this job.
Assures quality, safety and satisfaction outcomes are met on his/her shift. Coordinates appropriate patient placement and facilitates patient flow. Works with staffing office to determine appropriate staffing based on census, patient acuity, and skill mix. Adjusts assignments and staffing levels as needed throughout shift and addresses any conflicts as they arise. Demonstrates ability to adapt model of care delivery to resources available. Escalates safety concerns appropriately and participates in patient safety initiatives. Assures emergency readiness-crash cart and other safety checks are completed per unit requirement. Ensures that policies, procedures, and protocols are utilized to prevent staff injury. Upholds Nursing by-laws and Professional Practice Model; uses chain of command and Kootenai Health's Patient Care Concern Algorithm as needed for physician communication. Maintains compliance for accreditation standards. Works under general supervision. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
· On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
· Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy stretchers and other equipment.
· Read charts, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· Kootenai Health operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require availability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.