The primary purpose of the Buyer position is to review and coordinate purchase requests in accordance with hospital policies. Generates Purchase Orders, Placement of Orders Inventory and direct warehouse stock outages. Assists in Purchasing functions as directed by the Director of Materials Management / Purchasing Manger. Identifies items to be ordered on a daily basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Majority of shift spent sitting.
· Normal stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing up to 35 pounds.
· Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
· Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
· Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.